A lot of people love eating fishes because they are delicious to taste but the fishes are also healthy food for the human beings. From among the various fish varieties found in the sea, river, and all other water resources, tuna is one of the highly delicious and also healthy options of fish for all. Everyone needs to take tuna fish in your diet frequently in order to get it’s full of nutritional benefits and several health benefits. Many individuals would like to eat the tuna salad which is truly tasty and healthy to eat. Whether you are preparing salad or any other recipe with the tuna fishes, you should have to know how many calories in tuna salad and your dish and also be familiar with the nutritional facts.
Preparation of tuna salad:
Here is a simple recipe of preparing the tuna salad at home for the healthy option of food for your daily diet.
- 6 ounce canned white meat tuna fish packed in the water and drained – 2
- Minced celery – 2 tbsp
- Minced red onion (soaked in the cold water for about 5 minutes and drained) – 2 tbsp
- Minced flat leaf parsley – 1 tsp
- Whole grain mustard – 1 tbsp
- Prepared mayonnaise – 1/3 cup
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
In these ingredients, lemon juice is the optional one for the preparation of the tuna salad but it will surely add wonderful flavor to your salad.
- Take a small mixing bowl and break up the tuna using the fork.
- Then, you have to toss with the onion, celery, and also parsley.
- In the next step, it is necessary to add mustard, pepper, and mayonnaise.
- After adding all these ingredients, you have to stir all of them to combine well.
- At last, you can optionally add lemon juice to taste based on your preference.
- Cook this mixture in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes and now the delicious and healthy tuna salad is ready to taste.
Calories in tuna salad:
With the above mentioned ingredients, you can prepare a cup of 205 g tuna salad to taste. If you want to know how many calories in tuna salad you have prepared, you can consider the following nutritional facts. In the serving size of 205 g or 1 cup of tuna salad, you will have,
- Calories – 383
- Calories from fat – 171
- Saturated fat – 3.2 g
- Monounsaturated fat – 5.9 g
- Polyunsaturated fat – 8.5 g
- Total fat – 19 g
- Cholesterol – 27 mg
- Carbohydrates – 19.3 g
- Potassium – 364.9 mg
- Sodium – 824 mg
- Sugar – 0 g
- Dietary fiber – 0 g
- Calcium – 3 %
- Iron – 11 %
- Protein – 32.9 g
- Vitamin A – 4 %
- Vitamin C – 8 %